Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting it in perspective


I'm doing a class in intermediate perspective. Now this is something that doesn't come easily to me as it involves careful measurement and technical knowledge. I prefer free flowing thoughts and marks. Robin, the instructor, has the patience of Job and the verbal skills to pass on her knowledge in a way that makes it easier to understand. However, I still don't know if I will 'get it'. Practice and time perhaps. Back to vanishing points, eye levels, horizon lines, etc., etc., etc.

I can see now why I prefer drawing people and animals to landscapes or street scenes. However, its good to be pushed outside my comfort zone at times. Its a learning experience.

While my brain is being tested in one area, I go back to comfort in drawing a dog for a friend. This is Bonnie, a bluetick beagle. Its a work in progress and should be complete by the end of the week.

No comments: