Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More perspective


Perspective is foreign to me in many ways and pushes me well outside my comfort level. But I still pursue it for reasons I'm trying to analyse. Ask me draw a dog or a person or a still life and I'll tackle it without fear, but ask me to draw a simple room or street stretching off into the perceived distance and it strikes fear into my heart.

I think its because there is so much technical about it. It isn't free flowing. It hasn't got curves (I'm sure that comes in a later lesson) to sweep around. It needs precise measurement that smacks of mathematics - one of the things that I have never gotten along with.

But I am determined to conquer it. Poor Robin, she has her work cut out for her with a full class of people all at various levels of knowledge and experience. I am in the back of the class on this one and climbing the learning curve slowly with many mistakes. I wait to find out the results of the quiz and drawing 'problem' provided with as much anxiety as if a final grade depended upon it.

Here is what I hope is a correctly portioned room based on instructions for this exercise. I'll get it sooner or later. Or spend the rest of my life avoiding long streets and rooms!

No comments: