Thursday, May 04, 2006

Travelling


Tomorrow I will go to Regina, Saskatchewan for business meetings. Once meetings are over, I'll spend the best part of a week with my daughters, one of whom lives in Moose Jaw. My other daughter will travel from Calgary to be there as well and I look forward to seeing them both as its been a year since I was last there.

In that time, I rediscovered drawing again and am anticipating some freedom to take my Moleskine out into the flat prairie landscape.

Blogging may be irratic over the next 10 days, but I will try to be consistant or at least will have a very long post when I return!

TOnight has been spent scurrying around getting packed, remembering what I have to take, what I msut take and squeezing in things I think I need but probably don't. Soon its off to bed as I must get up at 4am. It will be a very long day tomorrow with travel and meetings and waits in airports. Drawing will keep me busy during the wait times.

Pen and ink appeals to me lately. Its not something I have done a lot of and I find it more forgiving than I thought it would be. This is an image from the Weekly Drawing Thread at Wet Canvas. The image is from a reference photo taken in South Africa. It makes me think of dry heat and that wonderful turquoise sea that looks so inviting. It is done in my Moleskine sketchbook 8 x 5 with pen & ink and Prismacolor pencils.

In Moleskinerie, you can find a link to some amazing photos from the Maldives by Ahmed Zahid. The initial image that compells you to see more is aptly named "Propelling under iridescence of the influential weather." The photos are exquisite. You'll be packing your bag and heading there once you see them. I want to go now...

Technorati tags: ,
, , ,

1 comment:

Lee said...

these are beautiful drawings....love your color!...enjoy the visit :)