Saturday, September 23, 2006

Chasing rainbows


There was a partial rainbow over the barn today, that wonderful illusion of colour and form. Like most illusions it is shortlived, but I did manage to photograph it.

I have been trying to find time today to do some drawing and have made the beginnings of a horse portrait. It is of Lady, the horse that was sold this summer and it is on a larger scale. I am determinedn to get out of the tiny sketch book rut that I have fallen into. I needed the freedom of using my entire arm in drawing. So the draft of the master drawing for Lady is on 18 x 24 paper. I have some large sheets of Stonehenge that I bought in Toronto last year that I may transfer the image to or perhaps onto watercolour paper. However that would mean a trip to the store as I don't have any watercolour paper larger than 16 x 20 right now.

The daylight goes so fast today that it is dark before I realize it and I haven't taken a photo of the drawing so far. Tomorrow. I was busy make knishes today. They didn't turn out to be anything like the ones I had seen, but they tasted good and that's all that counts.

Technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Miskaj said...

Knish? What is that? Have a recipe
for me? Nice site! Loved the rain bow too! There are a lot of Christians who "fret and worry" over every little thing and to do so is also known as DOUBT and to be in doubt is not to have the faith that GOD gave unto us so therefore it is SIN! Wow! What a grabber huh!? Yes, GOD says that we are "full of seed". Pregnant is the word HE used for us. All we have to do is allow HIS word to come forth in us and we bring forth HIS children in us (HIS FRUITS) and we become more like HIM in all we do and say! Hope you come visit my site and BLOG and may you be blessed in HIS love, Katie

http://miskaj-wwwjnksansone.blogspot.com/
http://www.jnksansone.com/index.html

Mallika said...

The photo is so pretty. And -- and now I want a knish! They look yummy.

Rachel said...

And you made the Knishes too! (well... open-ended ones). That's excellent. They look delicious.