Saturday, November 25, 2006

Persimmons

In a brave venture into the commercial fiasco they call shopping today, I found a new treat. Fresh persimmons. I have only seen persimmons in photographs and have even created this coloured pencil drawing of them, but I have never touched or tasted one til today.

Firm, orangey yellowy red, they remind me a little of those big beefsteak tomatoes,but the taste very different. It has firm flesh with a taste that is redolent of peaches, mangoes and canteloup merged together.

I have also been drawing portraits this week, the last two today. Earlier this week I tried my hand at a WetCanvas drawing thread. The daughter of my friend Judi who is a moderator there. Because my schedule was busy last week I didn't do the portrait of Maggie justice so I may well try it again.

No comments: