Sunday, February 25, 2007

Newness

This is the first of a series of sketches of my new grand daughter, who is now 4 weeks old. This line drawing is done in my Moleskine of my daughter holding her.

I bought some different colours of Mi-Tientes paper today but haven't had time to make a start on the new image yet. I want to do a large scale charcoal drawing on plain paper as well as a colour one in pastel. I have the need to work in a large scale as I am confining myself to small spaces lately and its becoming stifling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Newness. You are very fortunate right now in your life, and what a treat to be able to record the precious moments. I have a feeling this little one will share a special connection to her grandma

Making A Mark said...

Super line drawing Jeannette