Thursday, April 05, 2007

Decisions

There are so many project in my head that its difficult to prioritize them and I find myself working in small sections of time on a number of them. Interruptions from various sources distract me and just when I find a block of time to myself, the multitude of images all call individually for attention.

I started a drawing in coloured pencil on mylar tonight. Its a unique surface -very smooth application, but not open to using many layers, so it really is an experiment. There are a few Q & A's about using drafting film that are very useful.

Drafting Film Q's and A's

Portrait demo on drafting film


And to prove how easily I get distracted, here's a sketch I did of my grand daughter even when I knew I had other drawings that needed work on them. I think I need blinkers.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Jeanette, it is great to see you tackle a portrait of your granddaughter. I know it will be superb. I should do the same while mine is still a baby, time is flying.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thank you Mary. Babies are a challenge to draw. And yes, do a drawing of yours too, time does slip away so quickly.

Anonymous said...

You have been very busy. I jump around too, but it fits my mood of the day. If I must do something just because I "must", then I get cranky and have a bad day. So go enjoy, and have a great day.