Saturday, August 04, 2007

Christmas in August

Tripod's Hat
Coloured pencil 9 x 12
Copyright Jeanette Jobson


Yes, I know Christmas is months away and a horrible thought in many ways, but I am thinking ahead to it in terms of art. This image will be turned into cards this year and made available for sale along with several other images. Christmas also becomes a busy time when artists are supposed to become magicians and people want commissions done virtually overnight to use as gifts. I will be gently suggesting to people that now is the time to book a commission or even have it completed to avoid being disappointed.

This is another step in the plan I have to market my art and move my career as an artist into higher gear. Time is the challenge for me, but I am determined to make time and reach the goals I have set for myself.

Another of those goals will be reached when I teach some art courses this fall and I look forward to expanding that side of my artistic career.

”What distinguishes a great artist from a weak one is first their sensibility and tenderness; second, their imagination, and third, their industry.” -- John Ruskin.

No comments: