Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Drawing ability

Street Performer
7 x 9 graphite
copyright Jeanette Jobson


If you can draw, you can draw, right? Why is it that some days I can draw anything almost flawlessly and other days everything I try turns into a grey mess? The latter is today.

I am tired so that likely has something to do with my inability to be coherent on paper. I wake early and usually do my best work then, even before dawn strikes the tops of the pines.

Ice cream will solve the problem. I am sure of it. I'll let you know if it works. Meanwhile I'll leave you with a sketch of another street performer. I ran out of paper with this sketch so the hand and arm are a little small as I squeezed them in to fit.

3 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Jeanette, it may not all be up to your usual standards, but the sunlight coming through the hat onto his face - superb! That, my friend, is a tricky thing - I know, because I've tried it and well, that was a truly ugly gray mess. Nice job.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks for the words of support Rose. That shadowy stuff is tricky and its sheer luck that it came through looking more or less as it should.

Making A Mark said...

The head is wonderful - stick a mat round it which crops it just the head and shoulders and hang it!

Chocolate also works