Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You are invited

My local art association is holding another exhibition on December 2nd and it would be wonderful if you could join in. These will be small works, no more than 130 square inches for the image itself. It should make for some more affordable pieces to tempt Christmas shoppers in the downtown core. I have one piece earmarked for the show but haven't got much further than that yet. I have a deadline looming to make a decision, so should do so by the weekend or before.

Today I'm nursing a slightly bruised ego. None of my pieces were chosen in the City's art procurement program. Sigh. I sort of figured they wouldn't, but there's always that sliver of hope, isn't there? It seems rejection and art life go hand in hand. I try to never let take it personally and even if nothing sells, I still have my art and name exposed to a whole new market, which is a very good thing.

No comments: