DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15, 2007 (postmarked)
The Canada Council Art Bank is pleased to announce an open call for submissions to its purchase program. We would appreciate if you could share this information sheet with all other artists in your community to ensure that we reach as many artists as possible.
Please keep the following points in mind when deciding which work to submit:
- One (1) work per artist (if more than one work is submitted, the entire submission will not be accepted); work must be current (within last 5 years); and the artist must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- The work must be suitable for public display in an office environment
- The amount available for this program is $350,000
- Artist, artist’s gallery, and/or artist’s representative may submit (submissions of work by deceased artists will not be accepted)
- Slide or digital image is acceptable. Multiple slides will be accepted if required to best present the work. Note that slides offer the best quality of reproduction of the work to the jury (please refer to: The Guidelines for Submitting Digital Images for the Art Bank Purchase Program in MSWord or Adobe Acrobat format)
- Work will be juried in November 2007
- Results will be mailed in December 2007
- If work submitted is sold, alternate work will not be accepted
- Submissions should be sent to Suzanne Wolfe, Inventory Administrator, Canada Council Art Bank
By regular mail: P.O. Box 1047, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5V8
By courier: 921 St. Laurent Blvd, Ottawa, Ontario, K1K 3B1
For more information, please print our guidelines, email us at email@example.com, or call 1 (800) 263-5588, extension 4636
Please note no results will be given over the telephone.