I don't think I've seen a cat with bi-coloured eyes in real life, but its seems to be a fairly common occurance, especially white cats. This image was a nice little exercise in CP to do off and on during the day.
Commission horrors come in many forms. Here are some of mine:
- Creased, ragged indistinct photos taken against the light so the figure is almost in shadow.
- Middle aged women who think they are 21 and want their portrait to look that way.
- Tweakers. Those people who want changes. Over and over and over and over.
- Last minuters. They want a large portrait. In oil. In two days. Yeah, right.
- Bargain hunters. They too want a portrait of Mom, Dad, Fido - only the best. But they haggle over price like they're in a market in Marrakesh. Stick with your pricing.
- No shows. Those charming people who never pick up their paintings. ALWAYS get a 50% deposit.
- Relatives. Because they are related to you, they believe you should work for free or for flattery. No. Well ok, perhaps a sketch, but no detailed work without payment.