Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Portrait of a boy




Still on my multi tasking, I'm fitting in a portrait as well as the dog as well as a large painting, etc., etc. What can I say, its just how I operate. So while I haven't done a lot to update the puppy since yesterday, I have done the bones of a portrait of a boy. This is August's portrait challenge. I love faces and can't resist most of the time.

Still in my brown paper sketchbook. (don't worry, the novelty will wear off soon) I'm using coloured pencils. The boy's colouring is very pale with little distinct shadow and that wonderful smoothness of youth that is so difficult to capture. I keep telling myself - just a little one, as if its a treat. And it is in many ways.

3 comments:

Billie Crain said...

I can see why you can't seem to leave this paper alone. Your results on it are remarkable!

Anonymous said...

I love the brown paper too! (and of course the drawing so far!)

Anonymous said...

This and the dog in the past post are wonderful!!