Thursday, November 12, 2009

Peggy's Cove



I thought I'd quickly put this piece up online before I head out the door.  This is a quick watercolour sketch of the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia.  The viewpoint is from Peggy's Point Road and done for the Virtual Paintout for November.

Seems no matter the time of day, I still can't get a decent image but this one is close.  However, the final piece is slightly different than this as I have added more pen work on the rocks, as indicated below.


8 comments:

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

I was there many years ago and have photographs of the lighthouse. Thanks for painting this. It looks wonderful in watercolor.

Gary said...

I took a screen shot of the same view - I think i will paint it in the future. How big are you working here? I love how you can balance the ink with the wash.

Candy said...

This is lovely.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Peggy, the lighthouse here is a classic and there are countless images of it and paintings. I enjoyed doing this.

Gary, this is about 9 x 6 so not large. I was short on time and wanted a quick piece, however I may do something larger soon.

I love the look of watercolour and ink, they are good companions. I
ll look forward to seeing what you produce from a similar reference.


Thanks for commenting Candy.

Sorcha said...

Oooh this one would look great in my house. I can imagine its spot on the wall already...

One less thing to get me for Christmas :o)

Jeanette Jobson said...

Ok, Sorcha, consider it yours :)

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh my goodness! Just found your blog today and I am so enthralled with your work. So beautiful, all of it!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks so much AutumnLeaves. I'm glad you've enjoyed my work. I look forward to getting to know you more.