Friday, February 12, 2010

Living in between

 

There are advantages of getting up very early in the morning.  Winter sun creeping over and through the bare trees creates a whole new world of images on the wall.  

This stark landscape in reality is a gold sun rising, silouetting a dried stalk of a orchid on the windowsill.  The roughened hill is a cosy blanket on the back of a sofa.  The clouds against the golden sky a network of branches from the maple outside, framed on the right by a tied back curtain posing as a cliff face in the foreground.

Each day at dawn, the light is so perfect.  I wish I could make it stand still and live a day in dawn or twilight.

And one of my favourite songs by The Weepies - Living in Twilight


5 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Your thoughts about the twilight hours really resonate with me - I love the stillness before the day, and the light is so beautiful. I often find myself just standing at the window watching the colors in the sky change as the sun starts to rise, and enjoying the peace of the moment before the activity of the day begins.

Gina Cuff said...

Very cool photo, Jeanette! And I loved your description of it!

Billie Crain said...

What an interesting photo! Well spotted, Jeanette.:)The light at dawn is so soft but I must admit, the last dawn I saw I was working midnights. Twilight is my time to shine.

vivien said...

lovely, and well spotted

I like Dawn and Dusk too - mysterious and beautiful.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Its my favourite time of day Claire and one when I am most productive too.

Thanks Gina.

It caught my eye as I let the cat out Billie and I watched it form on the wall from a ghost into this darker form.

I never used to be a morning person, then it just changed. Now morning is me.

Vivien, the best things are accidental I believe. A chance encounter with a shadow was to my advantage.