Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pelicans and giclees


 I've made a little more progress with the pelican, adding some washes and building the layers up on the beak.

Pelicans are such strange birds, almost prehistoric looking.  The length of the beak is extreme especially from this angle. They look so ungainly on land but fly and dive with such ease.  I'll just have to go somewhere warmer and watch them for awhile I think.  Its tragic to think how they are affected so badly by the oil pollution in the Gulf.  Poor things.


Meanwhile, I've put the new giclees that are available on my giclee and card page here on my blog and in my Etsy shop.  I have Koi Pool and Masai Portrait available in 11 x 14 and 16 x 20 giclees.  I'm quite pleased with the quality of the images and do hope they go to good homes.  Its always difficult for me to part with art, even reproductions.  Like animals, I always want to know they're going to good homes.

2 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

This is beautiful!

Anudeepa Kadiresan said...

Beautiful and useful steps...Thanks for illustrating your work.