Saturday, September 18, 2010

Malware message resolved

Startled   Sold
8 x 10  acrylics on stretched canvas
I'm not the most technical person in the world, so when people started telling that got a malware warning message when clicking on my blog today, I wasn't sure what to do about it.

But like everything, a little research and some factual reassurance by major players have convinced me that I have the issue resolved now.

The message was linking my site with rpc blogrolling dot com, a supposed host for malware.  Apparently quite a number of other blogs have been getting the same message when clicked over the last few days.
Publish Post
   My Norton antivirus scanner picked up nothing on a full scan of my laptop that I use for blogging.  Next I did a check on Google Webmaster Tools for a diagnostic of my blog.   The result:  Google has not detected any malware on this site.

Ok.  No viruses, no malware, so what?   Looking through some help sections on Blogger I found some similar problems that seemed to relate back to blog rolls on blogs.  So I decided to remove all my blog lists on the site, then slowly add them back in to see if that resolves the problem.


Please let me know if you do get this message again and never fear, I will reinstate all my blog links again!  If I miss anyone, please send me a message and I'll add you back.  


Meanwhile, having some paint left over from Tripod's last portrait, I did another.  Its his alter ego this time.  The fight or flight within him is a fine line and when surprised he generally flees.  His invisible enemies win then.

I came across him in the barn lying in some sawdust.  The startled look and lighting was something I wanted to try to capture.

5 comments:

Hedera said...

You have captured the moment beautifully... This is a lovely image.

olivia said...

Wonderful expressive painting Jeanette. I am happy to be back on your blog again ! Bises.

Sue Clinker said...

Beautiful - love the expression.

and no problems accessing your blog today :o)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Beautifully captured, Jeanette.

I hope your technical problems are solved. What a pain that can be!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thank you Hedera.

Olivia, I'm glad the problem was sorted quickly.

Sue, Tripod looks different in every image. He has lots of expressions it seems.

Thanks to you and Olivia for letting me know about the warning message. I'm glad I could resolve it quickly.

Thanks Elizabeth. I still don't really know what the problem was, but with what I hope is the offending link gone, the problem should not reoccur.