Saturday, October 09, 2010

Sweet dumpling



This summer was good for growing squash and one of my favourite is Sweet Dumpling.  These are small, portion sized squash with sweet flesh and beautiful green and white skin.

I had a handful of them on the kitchen counter and decided to paint one.  I also created an 8 minute video showing some of the painting process, which was then modified to a brief one minute clip.  The final painting is 5" x 7" and I used acrylic paints.  I usually don't use acrylics but they are quick drying and I like experimenting.  Once I get myself together, i will try for a video that shows progression from start to finish.

1 comment:

Gina said...

enjoyed watching the video very much .. always nice to see an artists way of working although i have been getting a sense of this over the weeks i have been reading your blog.

nice work >>> Gina