Thursday, January 13, 2011

Procrastinating heart


Another piece from somewhere in the recesses of my brain.  Perhaps it says something about my current mental state, these little creatures that are coming off the pencil and brush.

More like, its just a nice interlude between gyotaku prints and larger paintings.  Soon I must get back to the business side of art and tie up some loose ends.  I keep putting it off and these little pieces, while amusing to do, are really procrastination on paper.

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

These little drawings and paintings of heart-inspired work are wonderful and I can see them ready for Valentine's Day (gosh it's a month away and I got my first piece of Valentine's candy given to me at my hair stylist's shop today!! Too soon - we push everything along so quickly and don't have time to enjoy what is here because we're reaching for what will be!!) But I do love these two creations...now what would that heart be saying if you put words to it? Maybe, He loves me, He loves me not? She seems indecisive or unsure :)

M said...

I think you deserve any break your mind wants to give you . You've been a woman on fire lately. The wise mind always tells you when it needs a break - listen.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Rhonda I have no idea why I'm creating heart shaped things, just fun I guess or somewhere I was subliminally influenced perhaps. I'm not a Valentine's Day afficionada, in fact, I ignore it completely wherever possible. However, I know its a big deal for some. Perhaps I'll use these little things for a giveaway.

That is true Margaret, the mind does dictate the breaks and I shall enjoy mine.

A Brush with Color said...

What a beauty! Love the hearts you're coming up with! They're treasures.