Sunday, January 16, 2011

The tower and sales



I was looking for inspiration this weekend and found an image of a tower taken a few years ago in Laguna Beach.  The light in the image appealed and gave me a sense of warmth with the blue sky and bright whites so I started the painting.

I did this without any preliminary drawing which, for me, is not always a good idea, especially with architecture.  So I'll have to go back and recheck the lines of the tower which don't look 100% correct to me.

This is 6 x 6" in acrylics on canvas board.

SALE!   From January 16 - 23 you can save 25% on everything in my Etsy store.  Just enter the code 0111SALE on checkout and 25% will be deducted from the original price.

Watch the blog tomorrow for a Studio Clearout sale of original pieces, some older, some newer, all all prices designed to help me make room in the studio for current work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the tones you have achieved in this - those whites really stand out.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Sue, it looks much brighter and cleaner in real life.