Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beach babe

 
This image by Valri Ary appealed to me.  The plump baby was experiencing her first ocean waves with delight.  I wish we could all have those 'first time' experiences again.

I recycled a 10 x 10 canvas for this, undercoated it quickly with some orange acrylic that was leftover on a palette, then sketched in a line drawing in charcoal.


 I blocked in some background and a few highlights, still using acrylics.


Then I laid in colours for the body


Then finally on to picking out some detail and refining the piece a bit more.  All in, about 2 hours work and a great painting exercise.

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

This is beautiful!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Rhonda, she's a cute little thing isn't she?

Pat said...

Enjoyed seeing the stages - and a lovely end painting xx