Saturday, January 07, 2012

Sunrise


Sleep was evading me last night so I was up well before dawn and could see it creep in across the sea and land.  I grabbed a couple of quick shots with my iPod camera and once tweaked with Instagram they almost become a pastel painting in the making. 

I thought I'd try my hand at the scene with the light just visible, sillouetting the trees.  Its not what I saw in my head and my skills with pastels are hit and miss, mostly because I use them infrequently.

I'm using a variety of mediums lately to try to get out of this slump, who knows what it will be tomorrow.  Inspiration - the kind that fires me up and has me anxious to get into the studio - is missing right now.  It will return and meanwhile, I'll potter and tinker with things I don't usually do and before you know it, I'll be back in the swing of things again.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Very impressive, and with pastels. I think you're on to something.

Vita said...

I LOVE this one! Maybe your muse is a night owl?

Unknown said...

I think Addie stole my words. This is lovely.