Sunday, March 04, 2012

Making waves



Quite literally.   I'm trying out a demo piece for a workshop on painting water in acrylics that I'll be teaching later this month.  I've rather immersed myself in oil these last few months and need to get back into the feel for acrylic paint and how it performs again.

Its much easier for me to show than explain technique just as its easier for people to learn by seeing then doing.  I thought I'd test a video clip and see how it turned out.  I still need to get lighting better and have a tighter crop on the image.  However, this being an 8 x 16 canvas, its difficult to get closer without losing some of the image.  I used a Flip video cam to shoot this and have no control over focus only to zoom in and out a bit.  For the next video I'll try the Canon camera that has the video function on it and see what the difference is.  It should be much better as the resolution is so much higher.

For now, this is about 25 minutes of painting condensed into 3 minutes and is at about the halfway point of the painting.

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Looks good, Jeanette. I do wish the condensed version was not so fast - more in line with that cool, sexy music :) But this looks like it will work out for people to see what you will talk about.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Yes, I may have speeded up the video a little too fast, but the general idea is there I think.

Jennifer Rose said...

you always to such a great job making the waves look like they are moving

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Jennifer, its good if I can create that effect.