Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Edge of Freedom

SOLD

Yes, I'm still on my palette knife kick and having a great time.  Its a temptation to do a whole series of small boats using a knife.  It also helps me work out the kinks for larger pieces too.

The Edge of Freedom is 6" x 6" on masonic panel in oil and shows the noses of two kayaks ready to ease into the water and see what the ocean will offer.  Sea kayaking has really grown over the last few years in Newfoundland and becomes an attractive way for  people to experience the Atlantic coastline and see nature very close up.  Too close up sometimes as this video shows, shot off Mobile on the southern shore of the Avalon Peninsula.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your palette knife boats. I just ordered myself a couple knives for my molding paste applications.
Stay inspired!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Michelle. The knives are very versatile, I love them.

Art Matters said...

A palette knife really forces one to decide on what is most important.
I like this one very much.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful color harmony, Jeanette! I love the textural quality the palette knife makes too....

Jeanette Jobson said...

That is very true Carol.I think that simplification of decision making is part of the appeal for me.

Thank you Diane. Its like painting with butter! Such fun.

JZino said...

I wouldn't feel to bad about being on a palette knife kick if that was the kind of awesome work I was putting out. These are beautiful boat paintings!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks JoAnna, I'm enjoying producing them. I may have no paint left at the end of it, but a lot of boat paintings! :)