Monday, April 30, 2012

Pluot


Pluots are delicious. 

At my favourite prop store, also known as the supermarket, I found them, and thought they were plums.  They look like plums, big, purple with a lovely grey/blue bloom and the inside is plum like as well, but apparently they are a cross between a plum and an apricot with many variations in colour.

Very meaty, sweet and delicious.  This was my last one and it was difficult to paint it fighting the urge to eat it all the time.  Eaten it was and soon I must take a trip back to the supermarket to get more. 

While waiting for the stone angel to dry, I thought I'd try a watercolour as I hadn't done one for awhile and this fruit seemed to be a good candidate.  Its on a remnant of 200lb paper which is lovely as I don't have to stretch it and it takes all sorts of abuse.  I love that heavy paper!  Its about 6 x 7" perhaps give or take a bit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Very unique and creative! I take pictures of veggies in the grocery store too!

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Jeanette,
Nice painting, as always, but that's not why I'm here. I scoured our two boxes of old photos today, searching for the angel of Orvieto cemetery.
I'm sorry to report the search was unsuccessful, though I'll continue delving into nooks and crannies about the place.
I did use it as subject matter- even Michele remembers, but that was way back in about 1998 or 1999. The effort must have been lost in time or destroyed.
So, you'll be the first to know if it turns up, but it appears you have lots of great material in the meantime.
Have a good day tomorrow.
Sincerely,
Gary

Jeanette Jobson said...

Katherine, I swear one day they'll heave me out for arranging produce and taking photos. :)

Gary, thanks so much for taking time to look. Photographs have a way of wandering, I know that all too well. If it does turn up, its a bonus and a treat for me. I still have lots of cemeteries to explore and document so subject matter is always around.