Friday, February 13, 2015

Winter Pear

 Winter Pear - Sold
6" x 6"

The end of a large painting is the herald for the production of a smaller painting using the paint left over on the palette. My self imposed rule is that I cannot add another colour, except perhaps some white, to the palette to complete the piece.

After Sea Harvesters was complete, I worked on this 6" x 6" piece, Winter Pear. The blues and oranges always work their way into my paintings, no matter what time of year, but I think in winter they are almost as good as sunshine therapy.

After more than 40cm of snow in a storm yesterday, more tonight and oh bliss (not)more on Sunday night, I'm wishing my winter away. I'm not a winter person in any way and driving in the stuff is horrible. I think the older I get, the more nervous I become about driving in snow. I was fearless once upon a time. What happened to that person?

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

40cm of snow! pass lol

the painting is very bright and sunny looking, very good for a person to look at if the are dealing with S.A.D. this winter