Sunday, November 05, 2006

Finding myself



Today has been one of frustration for me. Problems with a art forum that I was moderating continue to reinforce my wonder at human nature and its frailties. Personality clashes and egos abound, so I have withdrawn and left them to it.

I am doodling more than drawing today and this is the result. A small graphite drawing of an old friend. I found a very old set of paints in a box the other day. Most are dried up, crumpled tubes that would take a vicegrip to remove the caps. But there is something appealing about them - the shapes, the reflections of light.

I find myself in them. I find the past and remember old paintings. I can't throw away old friends.

Technorati tags: , , ,

4 comments:

Robin Neudorfer said...

I saw your tube of paint, and it made me want to stop and say, "Hey, Jeanette! Want to come out and paint today?" Then I read your next post, about how you like to create in solitude... but then you mentioned about the house in Laguna Beach and I longed to say once again, "Hey, Jeanette! That is really close to where I live, want to go painting some time?" Painting can be a lonely business, yet it is in the quiet of those moments that the soul can speak. Bless you, don't stop. (and if you ever come to Laguna Beach, I would love to break bread with you).

Jeanette Jobson said...

I'd love to go painting with you Robin! Solitude and togetherness also work well. And I may be there before you imagine. Perhaps in February. If so you will be the first to know.

Robin Neudorfer said...

I will keep my fingers crossed that the stars all line up for you.

yanook said...

Very nice works.

May De Vision be with you.

Yanook