With the exception of one or two dogs, every dog I've had in my lifetime has come from a shelter or been rescued from a situation that would likely have had a bad outcome. The last dog I had, Biscuit, was being waved by kids in front of traffic as a small pup. Too young to be taken from his mother and small enough to fit in a jacket pocket. He grew to 40 pounds and stayed with me for 16 years. I share this information in memory of every dog I've ever had and especially for Biscuit.
8 x 10, acrylic
Here’s how it works:
- The Write a Post, Help a Dog program is aimed at raising awareness of the more then 4 million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year. As well as to help get them all food (our goal is 10,000 lbs of food in the next two weeks) for the more than four million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year.
- For each blog post mentioning the Pedigree Foundation from now until midnight ET on September 3, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of its new dry Pedigree recipe food for dogs — its best recipe ever — to a shelter, because every dog deserves leading nutrition.
- Feel free to mae your post more visually appealing by using either or both of the two images seen in this post.
- The Pedigree Foundation — a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization is committed to helping dogs by providing grants to shelters and rescues and encouraging dog adoption. This year the Foundation has already raised more than $376,570 against its goal of $1.5 million to carry out its work to fund grants that not only help shelters operate, but to further shelter innovations.
The Pedigree Foundation depends on charitable contributions from individuals to carry out its mission to help dogs find loving homes. In addition to writing a blog post, here’s how you can help:
Once you get your post up and ready please feel free to grab the link code to include it in your post and add your link to the list so it is easier to keep track of all the posts plus it makes it so easy for your friends to learn about the event and see the progress we are making towards our goal of 10,000 lbs of food.
- Donate online at http://pedigreefoundation.org/donate.aspx
- Apply for a shelter grant from the Pedigree Foundation by completing a form atwww.pedigreefoundation.org
- Purchase Dogs Rule Gear at www.dogsrulegear.com where the proceeds go to the Pedigree Foundation to help loving dogs find a home. SPECIAL OFFER: Get 10 percent off Dogs Rule Gear by using the promo code BlogPaws10 from August 22 – September 30.
This is a Blog Hop! 22 entries so far... you're next!
You are next...
This list will close in 12 days, 3 hrs, 31 min (9/8/2011 12:59 AM CST)