Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Savage Cove rocks II


I wanted to try out my new sketchbook again and was considering what I should draw when I came across the rocks in Savage Cove again. I did my initial drawing in water soluable graphite but felt the rocks weren't quite rough enough.

So here they are again in pen and ink with a touch of charcoal white. I've developed a fondness for this particular rock, so you may see it again in another form yet.

Have you tried the rock challenge yet? You have until August 4th to submit a link in the comment section. After that I'll create a post will links to the art.

2 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

I'm enjoying watching your rocks emerge Jeanette - that big pointillist work is awe-inspiring! I would have to go hunting for rocks around here, and don't think I'll have a chance to before due date, but a very interesting challenge.

Jennifer Rose said...

very rough sharp looking rocks :D really looks dangerous to ships.