Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Motivation and sketches



On the long, traffic ridden drive home today I listened to a podcast as I often do.  This was a Conversation with Dan McCaw by Leslie Saeta and Dreama Tolle Perry on the Artists Helping Artists Blogtalk radio site.  I really have to recommend that you take some time and listen to this conversation.  His insight into making art had me saying, yes, yes, yes as I drove.  He has a strong grasp on the world of art and some profound statements to make.  Its one of those keeper pieces that you'll listen to over and over I think.

If you have many pennies, you can purchase a copy of his out of print book A Proven Strategy for Creating Great Art.  And three more new books are in the works he says.


I'm still snowed under with work and art but there are always sketches on the end of my pencil and always a sketchbook within easy reach.  These two were done while lounging on the sofa, perhaps 10 minutes each.  Its a kraft paper sketchbook, a fading felt tip pen and the blunt end of a white pastel pencil. 

6 comments:

Alex said...

Found your blog throught a member of EDM(Everyday Matters) group. Love your artwork and all the amazing colors you used. Will be following your site ^^

Jeanette Jobson said...

Alex, welcome to my blog and thank you for following it. Its lovely to meet you and I'm so happy you're enjoying my work.

suzanneberry said...

great sketches and thanks so much for the tip. i love mr. mccaw!

Harry Hilders said...

Looks great!

laura pausini biography said...

Really very beautiful sketches that have been sketched by you.The suggestion that you have made to listen that conversation sound great.I would really like to hear that conversation.can you please give me the exact link where I can hear that i would be really grateful.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Suzanne, yes McCaw is a great artist and mind.

Thanks for taking time to comment Harry.

Laura, if you click on the Conversation with Dan McCaw it will take you to the place where you can listen to the podcast.