Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Glass continued


I like the methodical build up of paint when working on something that is transparent. The  subtle changes in values are easy to miss, but become crucial in pulling off an object in realism.

This is why I rarely use a photograph if working from a reference piece but leave it on the computer. That way I can zoom in and see detail and colour that no printer, no matter what the quality of output, can ever produce. Here is the current work's progress, using layers of oils on top of the acrylic from the last post.

There's still lots more to do and I want to leave it for a couple of day to dry a little then start some glazes over the glass surface in some areas.

5 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

This is gorgeous! So delicate.

Vandy said...

Beautifully painted. The transparency of the glass is perfectly presented.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Lisa, I'm happy with it so far.

Vandy, thank you. I love the challenge of painting transparancy.

RH Carpenter said...

You've captured the delicacy of the glass and the heaviness of it in places - so well done!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thank you Rhonda, its methodical but I get there eventually.