Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'll call you


Kit has been the epitome of patience this weekend with people arriving to view her, as she's for sale. She's such a good natured animal as people handle her or walk her. Though today she did her mule impression, planting her feet and refusing to budge for awhile. Its shortlived and her way of saying 'I don't like this'. That's about the extent of her rebellion, which for a horse, is pretty tame.

I can tell the idiots of the horse world who arrive and try looking in her mouth. They're like those guys who open the hoods of cars and peer into the engine. They haven't got a clue what they're looking for, but think its what they should do. Yes you can check a horses age by its teeth if you're experienced. These people weren't. Kit sighed and slobbered them. Good girl.

A lot of weekend time has been spent waiting for people to make up their minds. Which they do, but unfortunately they don't have the common courtesy to tell me that they have.

This is the second weekend in a row that someone has come to view Kit. They spend time here, examine her, ride her, talk about her, indicate that they are very interested in buying her, then go away to make up their mind, saying they will call. And they don't.

I don't mind that they decide not to buy her,but I do mind that I have to put my life and weekend on hold waiting for them to call.

So if anyone out there is interested in a kind 4.5 year old mare, part Newfoundland pony/part Morgan, contact me. Just don't waste my time.

So while I wait, I draw. This was from a reference image in an art forum that appealed to me. I liked the contrast of the hard shiny sun goggles against the softness of the baby face and sheepskin. Its done in my Moleskine with a 2B mechanical pencil.

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: