Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Cultures


I quickly drew this image as part of a drawing thread on WetCanvas last week. I liked the look on the woman's face - part disdain at being photographed perhaps or sitting next to the smoker. The indication of the type of restaurant made me think of the different cultures, foods and rituals and how little I know about many of them. Ethiopian in particular. I searched around a little and found some interesting sites on Ethiopian foods. It was similar to what I expected - stews and a bread, some vegetarian foods too all eaten simply without utensils. I'll have to search out an Ethiopian restaurant when I'm next in a larger city and taste the cuisine for myself.

2 comments:

Heather Blakey said...

What a magnificent blogger Jeannette. Your work is just magnificent. I wish you would consider taking the next step and work at Soul Food instead of only having it on your sidebar. Then we could feature your work. Perhaps you might even like to help populate Lemuria
cheers
Heather
heatherblakey dot dailywriting dot net

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks for your kind words Heather. I will have a closer look at Soul Food and how I can become more involved there. It always inspires me when I visit.