Saturday, November 18, 2006

More moose


I'm starting a series of wild animals that live in Newfoundland and Labrador and have started with this cow moose. I am surrounded by woods and moose so there is no shortage of subject matter, sometimes too close for comfort.

I began with a rough sketch to get the desired composition and form, then created this master line drawing which is also my value drawing. I use it to create the areas of light and shade on the image and it acts as my reference as well. I have transferred the drawing to both watercolour and stonehenge paper as I'm not sure which I want to do the final image in. Both perhaps!

2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Forgive me - I have a friend who makes a habit of giving her work amusing titles and when I saw this one my first thought was "Does my bottom look big in this?" !

It's such an unusual pose - but makes you feel it's much less like the standad 'game' poses. I'll be watching with interest - and thanks for the link

Jeanette Jobson said...

Chuckle, yes, you're so right, that title would be perfect, wouldn't it?! Love it!