Thursday, October 23, 2008

Deja vu


The Reader
coloured pencil on drafting film 11 x 14
copyright Jeanette Jobson

Here is the start of the portrait that I'm doing with the fantasy creatures and my grand daughter. The previous piece was the study where I worked out placement, composition, colour, etc.

I'm using drafting film for this which is about 11 x 14. I am reducing the number of fantasy figures and will keep them faint to not overpower the reality of this. Just how I'm going to do this, I'm not quite sure of yet... That's an exercise for the sketchbook and tracing paper I think.

I had no choice but to photograph this, but as daylight disappears by the time I get home in the evenings, artificial light doesn't help with colours or values. This is in its preliminary stages, so is difficult to see at best right now and my grand daughter has that lovely pale Nordic colouring so nothing will pop out for awhile yet.

No comments: