Monday, November 09, 2009

People's choice

Decision making always leaves me second guessing when it comes to art.  Its true that gut reactions are often the best ones.  There is some intuitive sense that seems to know best, whether its art or other decisions in life and often paying attention to those feelings stands you in good stead.

I'm in the process of deciding what images I want to print for greeting cards.  I want four images at the moment that will be available in packages of four cards and envelopes.  This is where you come in.

I would love you to help me choose which images that you believe are the most appealing or saleable. I've chosen 12 paintings that I think have appeal , at least to me. Simply choose four images that you believe are most suitable for greeting cards and write their appropriate number,  i.e., 1, 5, 8, 11, (they are in descending order #s 1 - 12)  in the comment section.  If you like you can also add why you like those images or, if there are other images on my blog that you think would be better suited, then link to them in your comment post.

The person who picks the same four that I finally choose to be printed will get a  package of the cards. In the case of a tie, the person whose comment is posted first will be the winner.  I will announce the winner on November 30th and you have up til November 29th to make your choices.








 
 






 










 

21 comments:

Jonathan Manning said...

Ooh, I like 1, 3, 4, and 5

Jo Castillo said...

I like 1,4,5,6. Sort of a color coordinated pick. I like 7 very much, too, but the others make a color pack of sorts.

Anonymous said...

i love your wc's. 1,3,5 and 8. looking forward to finding out which you chose.

Jennifer Rose said...

hmmm hard choices. i like 2,4,5,10

Laura said...

Jeanette,

#1 Love the technique you used to paint this lovely cat...great colors...very appealing and sellable!Of the 12 you chose it is the only one that truely caught my eye and of your other paintings I loved this little girl from Oct. 10th...would go nicely with the cat lovely colors and those eyes #2http://illustratedlife.blogspot.com/2009/10/art-on-layaway.html

#3 the crop of the otters....
http://illustratedlife.blogspot.com/2009/09/otters.html

Last but not least
#4 these spheres in pen and ink. http://illustratedlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/perceived-difficulties.html

Hard to choose and although the works you chose were well done...I just don't like fish...hehehehe

Laura

Sydney Harper said...

Oh this is a tough choice!

#1 - I love the technique you used here.

#4 - I just feel like I could reach out and touch this little bird.

#5 - I actually like all of the fish but I think this one is my favorite.

#8 - This one always draws me in. Even though it's realistic, it has an abstract quality that makes me want to examine it further.

Ann said...

1, 2, 4, and 10.

This is a tough choice!

Julie Dunion said...

oh, this is really tough maybe you should do two packs. :-)

Ok, I think I've finally decided on 1,3,4 and 5. Look forward to seeing what you thought.

Gary said...

I first picked 1,2,4 and 7 - then I saw the wisdom in choosing pieces more closely related - so either the fish or the watercolors of animals. Since I really like them all I will have choose the latter, the watercolors (1,4,8 and 12)

Susan Parsons said...

1 - I love cats
4 - Just so pretty
5 - Love the colors
7 - Dramatic lighting, juicy colors

A great variety pack

M said...

There are so many ways to sort these. I tend to look for themes when I buy a set of cards so.... the four fish ones or 3 fish and a water scene. I like the top water painting. My favourite fish is the last painting.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks so much everyone for responding so far. It really is a great help to me to see my art through others' eyes in terms of what appeals and what doesn't and simply what you'd put cold hard cash down for!

BayGirl said...

I agree with Margaret...there are many ways you could sort these. Some possibilities I would consider:

1, 4, 5, 7
1, 3, 4, 7
7, 9, 11 and one other
4 fish
3 fish and one water

Grobuonis said...

2 - states that the theme is water; 3, 5, 8 - water creatures.

It's hard to choose because the subjects and techniques are very different. I think it would be the best to have similar cards in one set.

Gesa said...

Great idea - 2, 6, 7 and 11 - 6 is one of my all time favourites of your fish prints, 11 and 7 for colour, 2 for its dynamics. :)

Anonymous said...

1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 are my faves. (how odd! :D )
But as a boxed set, I like 1, 3, 4, and 5.

Unknown said...

There are kind of two directions here: which are my favourites, and which would be best as cards. They're not necessarily the same thing.

I would vote 2, 4, 5, 7 for the cards, because I think that they will reproduce well and be effective, and while not necessarily having a unifying theme for a package, I feel are representative of your skill & style.

If you wanted a unified theme, then I'd vote 2, 4, 7, 9

My favourites, however, are 1, 3, 5, 6

Thanks for the opportunity! What fun, and I look forward to the results post!!

Unknown said...

1,3,4,5 Yes definitely those four!

Billie Crain said...

My thoughts would be to keep to a certain theme when dealing with sets, as others have already suggested. You know how I love your fish so they have my vote!

joanieART said...

1,3,5,8 but they are all great! Love the simplicity of the 4 I chose.
How fun!

BayGirl said...

Just curious...have you chosen yet?