Sunday, September 04, 2011

Classic Martini, ready for consumption


 Classic Martini
8 x 8 on masonite panel
acrylic

I think I deserve a martini after trying to photograph this predominantly black painting.  It really does look much better in person, despite my best efforts at adjusting in my ancient PS program. Although I did use Payne's Grey for the background, the resulting light reflected makes it look a lot bluer than it actually is.

Another piece to be the companion for this is in the works, but first I need to make a start on another commission and get that blocked in.  Its great to have things flowing, but it sure can take time to fit it all i n.
In situ

I've shuffled though some of my half finished paintings, trying to decide what I will put in the next exhibition in October and spent some time today adding colour and texture to a watercolour of the Flatrock rocks.  It may be overkill and the whole thing could be dumped.  We'll see.

Now where's that martini?

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

another drink in the works?

great job with the liquid in the glass, the reflection really make it look real :)

Christiane Kingsley said...

Oh, I love it! It has a great contemporary look.
Where do you find the time for all that painting with your full-time work? Amazing.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Jennifer. Yeah, I figured it needs a companion piece - scotch perhaps? Glass and liquid are interesting to draw and paint, all that detail! :)

Christiane, glad you like it. It does have clean lines and would work well in many settings.

I make time when I can. Up at 5:30 to paint for an hour before getting ready for work and I paint most evenings and of course weekends. It all fits in, more or less.

debwardart said...

I commend your dedication (you are making me tired, tho!). Looks good enough to drink - but please, make mine a daiquiri!! Great job!