Monday, March 06, 2006

Birthdays

I hate when I do this. I wrote a whole post then pressed the wrong key and it died and floated off to neverland. Sigh.

I can't recreate it as my mind won't allow the words to form again, not the same format anyway.

Today is my birthday. I wonder how I reached this age. 52. It is the age at which I thought my parents old when I was in my 20s. Now that I have reached that age, it is not old. 52. I like it.

Today was also Michelanglo's birthday. How many people know his surname and his history I wonder. How many people are known by their first name only and it stands alone, able to carry knowledge and wisdom and experience.

Michelangelo Buonarroti 1475–1564, Italian Artist.
Italian sculptor, painter, architect, and poet, born in Caprese, Tuscany.


Happy Birthday Michelangelo.

And my mother. It seems appropriate on my birthday to include her, as she had a pivotal role in my creation. She is now 81, this was done about 15 years ago.




1 comment:

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Hi! I found your blog while surfing somewhere and I noticed that you'd found mine as well! :) I've really enjoyed reading yours and your drawings are brilliant. Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on mine?

Maggie
smilinghorseart.blogspot.com