Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dog dreams

I've started the layout of a new drawing of my dog, Biscuit, who died a year or so ago at 16. The drawing will be in graphite, detailed and include some of his favourite things - the woods, rabbits and moose.

In researching references for this drawing, I looked through lots of old photos of the dog and other elements of the image. While doing so, I came across a little video that I made of him while he was asleep on the sofa one afternoon, dreaming. Unfortunately, I missed the livelier parts of his dream, so its not too exciting a clip. Its also a bit of an experiment as its the first time I've tried uploading a video onto YouTube, which seemed to be fairly straightforward. There are a lot of possibilities with this technology, especially in teaching art, so I'll be experimenting more and perhaps subjecting you all to my efforts.

6 comments:

Elise said...

Wow, 16, that's a really long life! I wish I could get a video of our Golden Retriever having a dream where he makes that "woo, woo, woo, woof" sound. Its so funny.

Jeanette Jobson said...

This guy was doing that, but of course stopped as soon as I got the camera out to record it. I wish I knew what they were dreaming about...

Anonymous said...

My mom always says, 'only happy dogs dream'. He looks very content.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

He does look like a happy dog. I'm sure your drawing of him will be beautiful.

Thanks very much for putting a link to my blog on your site; I'm flattered!

Anonymous said...

Thats my scruffy old man! I love the vid clip. I keeps his memory fresh.
Thanks
Briony

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try and video tape Jessie in her sleep, she sounds like one of the Three Stooges!