At long, long last, the capelin are in and I have been given some, as I never have time to get to the beach and through the throngs of people there to capture my own. I don't like to eat them personally as I find they have a strong flavour but I have some fresh and some in the freezer for my gyotaku experiments when things slow down a bit.
I took some photos of the fresh fish and have some plans for a painting but that will have to be on hold until visitors have gone and I have some time to devote to planning it.
Maree Clarkson of Art & Creativity has so kindly given me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you Maree! In return I am supposed to reveal seven things about myself and tag seven other bloggers. I have done this previously and don't know if there's a lot more about me that people don't know, however, I'll try. I won't be tagging other bloggers, as there tends to be some fatigue around memes and I think all other artist blogs are wonderful anyway!
1. I once drove from Tarragona, Spain to Andorra. And it snowed. A lot. Mountain roads. Say no more.
2. I hate taking off in airplanes and can't look out the window until we're levelled off.
3. I am addicted to coffee. It doesn't have to be full caff even, decaf's good. I just love the taste.
4. I adore donkeys and would love to have one. Or two, or three...
5. I love visiting old cemeteries and looking at monuments and headstones. Perfect drawing opportunities.
6. I have an emergency stash of imported German dark chocolate in my desk drawer at work.
7. I always use crystal glasses to drink from. Even water tastes better then.