Sunday, July 18, 2010

Banana kiss finished



I've finally found a little time to complete this watercolour.  Am I happy with it?  Not 100%.  There are passages that I like and there are passages that I consider overworked, but I'm not able to invest any more time in it right now and have to move on.  I do like the challenge of working with folded and wrapped paper items.  It satisfies the detail freak in me. :)

I have long had a dislike of the up close views of images on a computer screen and feel that all pieces benefit from being displayed from an appropriate distance as they would be in reality.  The option of inspecting a piece more closely is here as well as a more traditional view.

This is watercolour done on 200lb Arches paper and measures about 22" x 15".

7 comments:

Anita said...

Can I have one? Love the colours.

olivia said...

I smell the noise of the paper of candy. Haughtiness!

Cynnie said...

This turned out great!!! I know what you mean about the close up of the artwork....I cannot look at my own pieces close up...I do like them from afar....your pieces on the otherhand...look great :)

Jan said...

Well, I always like to look at your work up close as I learn so much. So I studied this closely and cannot see where you've overworked it. It looks good enough to eat!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Anita. I think I pick this one apart mostly because I don't like yellow. However, it grows on me.

Olivia, merci. La création du papier se plie et les formes est sans fin intéressante.

Thank you Cynnie. I hate all the imperfections I see close up in a piece. Its as if it all comes into focus from a few feet away.

Jan, thank you for the support. I find it easy to overwork pieces without even thinking about it sometimes.

A Brush with Color said...

Oh, you SHOULD be happy with it--it's wonderful, Jeanette!

RH Carpenter said...

You're right about pushing back and showing the whole sheet and then some - we get a better sense of the painting. Beautiful yellows. Thanks for sharing the whale photos.