Thursday, December 01, 2011

Wooden it be nice...


When time is short or inspiration lacking, its good to pick up other things and play.  This little disembodied head is wooden and I've stained it with watercolour.  I love how the grain of the wood shows through the transparent colour.

Off and on, I've experimented with whimsical wooden pieces.  These were cut out with a jigsaw then painted - more years ago than I remember.  I rediscovered them in the cold room (which is a veg/fruit room in the house that has vents to the outside) when looking for something else.

4 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Love them!

Lydie said...

I also love your little wooden head. Cute little characters.

suzanneberry said...

adorable!! how cool are you!!

RH Carpenter said...

This little guy looks like a Halloween pumpkin who put on his winter hat and is ready for Christmas, now :) Very cute, indeed!