Water is often seen as a difficult subject to paint, but with the right techniques and an understanding of the subject, you will have all the information you need to paint realistic water scenes using oils.
This workshop will provide information on:
- How to create the best composition for your water painting
- Understanding the benefits of creating value maps and studies and how to use them effectively
- Recognizing various types of water surfaces and how the environment affects their appearance
- Understanding how reflections appear on and in water and how to paint them realistically
- Technical painting information on supports, materials, colour, values and painting application
Each week is reinforced by a practical exercise, culminating in you creating a final painting based on the information and techniques that you learn during the workshop. A step-by-step demonstration for the final painting and video instruction throughout the course, show detail and technique that will build your technical skills and help you develop an understanding of how to paint this unique, ever changing subject.
More details will be released as they become available. I'll be creating and filming the painting demos that go with the course and registration will be available on September 1st, with the course going live hopefully by the end of September.
A newsletter will go out within the next few days, so everything's a flurry of activity. And just three more days of holiday left! Where does it all go and why doesn't the rest of time go by so swiftly?