Thursday, November 14, 2013

Retail Therapy

http://www.jeanettejobson.com


Its inevitable that the Christmas season is just 6 weeks away and artists, like retail stores are getting ready for shoppers.  Artists do tend to negate the idea that they are also businesses, but its a reality, as we have to eat and pay bills just like everyone else.  Our ability to create visual art comes with the need to show it to the world, so others too can enjoy it and have something beautiful and unique to see every day.

 While I have art available on my website all year round, during this season, I try to become a problem solver for people by making a range of pieces available in several price points.  Not everyone has a huge budget to spend on original art, so there are cards, reproductions, small paintings, workshops and gift certificates available.

On December 1st, I'll be releasing the list of my 2014 art workshops as well as the launch of a seasonal gift suggestion page on my website and blog.   There'll be a few new items as well as some classics, so save the date and perhaps I can help you with your gift list this year! 

Support local artists and local business this year.  Your purchase will help keep visual artists producing beauty and your gift of local art or craft will introduce that beauty into others' lives.

No comments: