Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Painting makeover

 Currents  SOLD
8 x 8 oil on panel

In anticipation of an upcoming birthday, I'm giving you a gift.  Free shipping between March 5th  and midnight March 9th on anything in my Etsy store.   Enter MARCH6 at checkout to get your discount.

Visit the store and save on shipping for items like this original painting, Currents, which will be posted later today in the store.

This was a remake of a painting done a number of years ago when I was refreshing my atrophied oil painting skills.  While the original was ok, I wanted more life and movement in it.  Using a palette knife I laid on a thick layer of oil then using a Catalyst texture tool W-02 I drew it through the water to create the lines of movement often seen in swirling currents around rocks.


No comments: