Thursday, January 08, 2015

January Woods

 January Woods - SOLD
5"x 7" oil on panel

The first real snow of 2015 layered everything with white today and provided a snow day for many.  Me included.  Its never really a snow day as technology increases remote connectivity and I worked from home.

However, at 4am I couldn't sleep and was up and in the studio and found an image I had taken a few years ago looking out from the protection of the woods into the clearing of the meadow and decided to paint it.   I believe painting becomes automatic to me, no matter what the time of day, whether night or day.

I am surrounded by trees where I live in the country and over time have made trails and clearings through the trees that provide magical places to observe light and colour.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

A beautiful painting and the addition of bits of orange and yellow hold this above the usual winter scene.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thank you Rhonda. I always seem to sneak a bit of orange or gold into most paintings - and turquoise. A little adds interest and breaks up the blues and greys too.