Sunday, December 04, 2016

Jolly

 Jolly - SOLD
8" x 10"  oil on panel


Its zooming towards Christmas and looking more and more festive every day with lights and decorations.  I have a few decorations and lights inside the house and on the entrance way of the drive, mostly because I've be doing my Painting Christmas workshops this weekend.  I've run back to back workshops with two demos in each one.

Funnily enough everyone wanted to paint the same pieces both days.  There is a lot of benefit in revisiting the same subject not just twice but many times.  Each piece will look different, even in the same medium.  And it was the same for both days of me painting the same subject.  The paintings are similar but the forms are slightly different and the colour choices varied.

Duplicity offers opportunity so I made one of the demos available. This lovely red cardinal is not a bird that resides in Newfoundland, which is likely why it is so appealing.  That bright shot of colour against a dull winter backdrop is always appealing and seasonal.

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Looks and sounds like fun workshops. Wouldn’t I like to take one? You are ahead of me in the decorating of your house!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Hi Jo

Yes the workshops are always great fun, especially the Christmas ones. It would be fabulous if you were close enough to join in too.

Well, there's not a lot of decorating done yet, just enough to give a festive feel for the Christmas luncheon. I'm still out on whether or not I'll bother with a tree. They are a commitment of time and energy, putting up and taking down. However they are pretty and I'll probably cave in and do it, but not for another week or more.

Jennifer Rose said...

no lights, tree or any Xmas decorations up here yet, been too busy with uni to put any up lol

love the cardinal, miss seeing all that red here

Jeanette Jobson said...

Its hard to get going with decorations but its still early yet. When I was a kid, nothing much happened til at least Christmas week.