Friday, July 07, 2006

Reality or fantasy?


I have tracked down a life class, but at the wrong time of day for me. I'll keep looking. I believe there is another through the Anna Templeton Centre that is held in the evenings. They run the course provided there are enough bodies to make it viable. Here's hoping.

Meanwhile, I've started some sketching of the human form to get back into the feel of it. I found some good references and was interested in some more non-traditional ones. Artists so often draw perfection. Yes, that is what many people want to see; perfect bodies and perfect faces, but I usually find that sugary sweetness quite boring. I like a face that shows character and a body that represents the average person, not an airbrushed version of reality.

So I chose my first image to show a more 'rounded' view of reality, not fantasy.

I just came from the barn where a rooster attacked me and I'll have some good bruises to show for it. I was walking down the middle of the barn and the little bugger crept up behind me and drop kicked me...several times. I turned around to face him and he did it again. He was coming back for another try when he was 'persuaded' otherwise...grabbing him by the scruff of the neck and hanging him upside down by his feet. Horrible beasts are roosters!

Technorati tags: , , , .

2 comments:

Mary said...

Very nice work with your figure drawing, Jeanette. It can almost be seen as an abstract.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Mary. Yes, it could be seen that way and worked on to develop something. I wish I'd had time to do your abstract class. I'll have to go back over the class notes and see what I can glean.