Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Silver linings

Drawing Glass - Tutorial

There are always some benefits to adversity and this time others hopefully will benefit from my mistakes.

I have been producing art tutorials, but in this one I screwed up the graphics by photographing instead of scanning them. No amount of tweaking in Photoshop would undo the greyness that the background showed, so they weren't suitable for production. I didn't want to redraw this particular project again, so I let it sit for awhile and now have decided I will share it with others who want to download it for learning purposes.

The images are usable, but not as clear as they normally would be but the explanation should give enough information along with the graphics to be useful for those who want some guidelines about drawing glass.

I would love to hear from those who download this piece and create a glass drawing. Your comments are always welcome and if you have questions I can be reached by email and am happy to help.

I will share the silver lining and will make this file available as soon as I figure out how to link a PDF file into Blogger!

Update:   The file is available on my website as  free tutorial www.jeanettejobson.com 

6 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Jeanette,

I think you'll have to put the PDF on a web server somewhere, then you can link to it in blogger. But, you won't be able to upload the file to blogger.

Can't wait to see it!!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Rose, you're likely right. I'm trying to see if there is any way around this....hmmmmmm

Jo Castillo said...

Maybe you could e-mail the PDF to us interested viewers. :) You might try this link

http://betabloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/2007/02/upload-files-to-blogger.html

Looks like you have to post them somewhere and link to them or start a google group.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Jo, I'll experiment and see what I can come up with. I need to reduce the file size a little first before putting it onto another host it seems.

Oh where's an IT when you need one?? :)

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

This piece of glass is really convincing.
It has a realistic 3D feeling and the depiction of textures, together with the defined edges give the impression of what the object is made of.

Kind regards,

José

Juliette said...

Uhhhh, a PDF would be great, it looks really good ;)