Saturday, November 29, 2008

Looking ahead



As the year starts to wind down I look back over it and some of the successes as well as setbacks. But I also look forward and anticipate new linkages and learning in the coming months.

I will be working on several projects in 2009, one of which will be announced soon. The new header on my blog and a short video will give a little glimpse into one of the projects and will let me explore my own region in a way I haven't previously. I know that this will test my abilities and enhance my skills and I'm sure I will enjoy it thoroughly. Other projects will be announced as they are launched and I anticipate a busy and very productive year.

For those interested in knowing, the lighthouse in the video is located at Cape Spear, the most easterly point in North America. Its isolated, windswept and fascinating. The view stretches across the Atlantic to Ireland and England, its roots. On a clear day you can watch whales breech and blow in the water a hundred or more feet below.

David Blackwood's depiction of the lighthouse is classic and popular.

Meanwhile, I've finished my portraits for the swap and shipped them to their new owners. Now an exhibition next weekend to prepare for, as well as a board meeting and Christmas party, things never come singly it seems. I'm still waiting for those extra hours to be tacked onto my day or learn the ability to do without sleep!

6 comments:

Gesa said...

Hi Jeanette,... good teaser too :) This will be good, but I sympathise with the too many things before the year ends. All the best to your mother, too.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Oh my goodness, you are making plans for 2009 and I haven't even had the courage to check back to see how much I can check off my 2008 list!

Love your late night sketches!

Making A Mark said...

Gosh that video really gives you a sense of how the cliffs are and what the seas are like.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you're up to in the New Year.

Lindsay said...

Good teaser and I love the vidio. The waves, and the coast line are beautiful. Looking forward to the launch!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Gesa. Year ends get hectic, don't they?

I'm riding a wave right now Robin and the momentum makes me think ahead a bit. I'll review 2008 but still have things undone on my 2008 list.

I love the aerial view of Cape Spear and the coastline Katherine. It can calm and serene or frighteningly fierce there.

Thanks Lindsay. Being surrounded by ocean and miles and miles of coast, I almost become immune to it at times.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Your video didn't load on my previous visit but now I'm able to view it. Breathtaking. What a painters' paradise you live in, Jeanette. Now I'm very intrigued about your project for 2009 have also added your land to my must see list.